Brazos Student Loans cowl certified instructional bills together with:
- Tuition and costs
- Room and board
- Text books, provides and tools
- Other prices mandatory to finish your diploma
You could borrow as much as the price of attendance, much less different monetary assist obtained, as licensed by the varsity you’re attending. The minimal loan quantity is $1,000.
To be eligible for a Brazos Student Loan, you will need to:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or National, or a non-citizen with authorities issued, non-expired documentation of everlasting resident standing, or if making use of with an Eligible Cosigner, a non-citizen with a piece or student visa or a DACA Recipient,
- Be a Texas resident and be at the very least the age 18 years outdated, (Not a Texas resident?)
- Be making use of to finance an undergraduate and be enrolled at the very least half-time in a level granting program at one in all over 2,000 colleges nation-wide,
- Apply for an quantity that’s licensed by the varsity your student is attending (see the “Certifying the Cost of Attendance” part of the FAQs),
- Have a verified earnings and a powerful credit historical past or apply with a cosigner with verified earnings and a powerful credit historical past, and
- Demonstrate the flexibility to help the reimbursement of the brand new loan or have an eligible cosigner apply with you
If your credit historical past doesn’t meet our minimal credit standards, you should still qualify by making use of with a professional cosigner. Additionally, even for those who meet the minimal necessities, making use of with a cosigner who has a stronger credit historical past could scale back the rate of interest in your student loan price even additional, thereby saving you extra money over the lifetime of the loan.