Through Federal Student Aid (a performance-based group), the U.S. Department of Education awards greater than $120 billion a yr in grants, work-study funds, and low-interest loans to roughly 13 million students.
Chief Operating Officer: Mark Brown
Federal Student Aid’s Performance
How we serve the general public
- Applying for federal grants, loans, and work-study prices nothing! More than 21 million students used the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) final yr, and lots of of them apply on-line at FAFSA on the Web.
- Visit StudentAid.gov for full info on receiving federal monetary help for faculty. The Federal Student Aid Information Center helps students full the FAFSA and offers the general public with free details about our applications. Call 1-800-4-FED-AID to talk to a specialist concerning the applications.
- The Knowledge Center web site is an indispensable supply of steering for monetary help directors, auditors, and others who’re concerned with the Federal Student Aid Programs. You will discover Dear Colleague Letters, digital bulletins, the FSA Handbook and different publications, and way more.
- Also for monetary help professionals is the Postsecondary Education Participants System or PEPS. At the PEPS web site you may discover experiences of closed colleges, the Case Management and Oversight weekly institutional updates, and different info.
- We have an Ombudsman’s workplace to help debtors in resolving student loan points.
- The HEA authorizes an “experimental sites” initiative that enables colleges that apply and qualify for participation to make use of different strategies to satisfy among the necessities for administering the Federal Student Aid applications. See the web site for extra info.
StudentAid.gov | Knowledge Center | Training for Financial Aid Professionals