Courses ranging from 1 August 2018
You can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan, and a loan to assist with your dwelling prices, from Student Finance England.
If you may have a incapacity, together with a long-term well being situation, psychological well being situation, or particular studying problem, you may additionally be capable to get additional assist.
If you may have a baby or an grownup who relies on you financially, there are grants out there to assist with any additional prices you might need. You may additionally be capable to get additional assist from the NHS by way of the Learning Support Fund – discover out extra.
Whether you may get student finance on your NHS course relies on your private circumstances and your course.
Your nationality or residency standing
You may additionally be eligible if:
- you’re granted ‘Calais leave’ to stay, otherwise you’re a baby of somebody granted ‘Calais leave’ to stay, and your course began on or after 1 August 2020. To be eligible with ‘Calais leave’, you have to have been dwelling within the UK for no less than three years earlier than the primary day of the primary tutorial yr of your course
- you are granted indefinite depart to stay as a sufferer of home violence or abuse
Medicine and dentistry
If you’re finding out an undergraduate drugs or dentistry course, you’ll get full funding from Student Finance England for the primary 4 years of your course. From your fifth yr, you’ll be capable to get a diminished charge Maintenance Loan from Student Finance England, and a bursary from the NHS. Find out extra.
Courses beginning earlier than 1 August 2017
If you are an NHS student who began a course earlier than 1 August 2017, it’s possible you’ll be capable of get funding from the NHS and Student Finance England.
The NHS can pay your tuition charges.
If you’re finding out a medical or dental course, and you might be eligible, the NHS can pay your tuition price contribution as much as a set most quantity out of your fifth yr, or your second yr for those who’re finding out a graduate entry course. You can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance England to assist pay for the sooner years of your course. Find out extra.
- Grant – the NHS will provide you with a grant that does not rely in your family revenue. The quantity you get will rely in your course depth. This doesn’t should be paid again.
- Bursary – you’ll be assessed for an NHS bursary. The quantity you get will rely your family revenue and the place you examine. This doesn’t should be paid again.
- Extra assist – you might be able to get additional assist from the NHS if:
- your course is longer than 30 weeks and three days
- you may have a incapacity, together with a long-term well being situation, psychological well being situation, or particular studying problem
- you may have youngsters or an grownup who relies on you financially
- you may have additional prices due to journey and lodging as a part of your placement
Funding from Student Finance England
If you’re eligible for income-assessed funding from the NHS, Local Education and Training Board (LETB), or Local Ambulance Service Trust, you can too apply for a diminished charge Maintenance Loan from Student Finance England. The quantity you may get relies on the place you’re dwelling and finding out. This will should be repaid.