Get steering about funds from the federal authorities, the state of Tennessee, UT, or personal scholarships.
Types of Aid
Apply for Financial Aid
Learn easy methods to maintain your monetary help.
Find out what it’s good to present to adjust to a Tennessee regulation requiring proof of US citizenship or lawful presence for those who apply for a scholarship, grant, loan, tuition or payment waiver, or different monetary help that makes use of state funds.
UT participates in a federal verification program referred to as Financial Aid Verification.
Estimating Costs and Net Price Calculator
Estimate the prices of attending UT earlier than making use of for monetary help. These prices will fluctuate by your program and stage. Visit our Cost Estimates web page to be taught extra.
Students desirous about figuring out an estimate of their specifics prices after scholarships and grants can use UT’s Net Price Calculator.
Checking Your Status
On MyUTK, select My Financials and choose See Details subsequent to Financial Aid Summary. If your help just isn’t utilized to your account by the due date, it’s essential to enroll in a fee plan on MyUTK.
How Aid is Applied
Your help could also be utilized towards charges and will probably be based mostly on the entire variety of credit hours in your schedule.
Refunds from extra monetary help are delivered after the start of every time period. These funds are usually not accessible till your enrollment is verified and college charges and expenses are credited or paid.
Financial help should be used for speedy fee of all present time period charges.
Financial help recipients who withdraw from UT could also be put into compensation for any disbursed monetary help. You are inspired to inform a One Stop counselor earlier than withdrawing from UT.
The Fine Print
You should meet the next necessities to obtain monetary help:
- Be admitted right into a degree-seeking program of examine (Students in certificates applications don’t qualify for federal student help.)
- Be enrolled in a minimal of six credit hours every semester (Federal Pell Grant awards could also be awarded for lower than six hours of enrollment.)
- Have a sound social safety quantity
- Be a citizen of the United States or eligible noncitizen
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress necessities
- Register with Selective Service (males solely)
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a compensation from a federal grant overpayment
Additional Terms and Conditions that May Apply
- All awards are topic to vary pending the provision of federal, state, and institutional funding and regulatory verification.
- Aid provides not accepted inside twenty-one days are topic to cancellation.
- Cancelled help awards will solely be reinstated pending the provision of funds.
- Offered help relies upon full-time enrollment (Undergraduate—tw hours, Graduate—9 hours).
- The Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship or HOPE Scholarship program is run by the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC). TSAC determines student eligibility for this system based mostly on the federal packaging standards, which requires establishments to have in mind all sources of help. HOPE recipients are liable for being conscious of all tips and data governing this system.
- Students who have already got a level might qualify for restricted varieties of student loans.
- Aid won’t be disbursed to students chosen for participation within the Financial Aid Verification Program till all doc necessities are happy.
- Students with federal or state drug convictions that occurred whereas receiving help could also be ineligible for monetary help.